Address: 1930 Charlie Hall Blvd., Charleston, SC 29414
Drs. Lisa and Paul Baron had a vision for the Charleston community – to develop a breast health facility, where women would receive expedited and compassionate care when being screened for breast cancer. They envisioned a Center of Excellence that would detect and provide coordinated breast healthcare services all under one roof, designed to be a comforting and inviting patient-centered environment to reduce the anxiety associated with breast cancer detection.
Drs. Lisa and Paul Baron’s vision became reality in 2006 when the Charleston Breast Center (CBC) opened its doors. Dr. Lisa F. Baron is a board certified radiologist who is fellowship trained in mammography, and Dr. Paul L. Baron is a board certified surgeon, who completed a cancer surgery fellowship at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. Together they have over 30 years of experience in diagnosing and treating breast cancer. Their dedication and experience provide outstanding leadership to the Charleston Breast Center.
The mission of the Charleston Breast Center is to bridge state-of-the art breast cancer detection and treatment with education and compassionate comprehensive care.
The values of the CBC are excellence, integrity, teamwork and patient focused care. This is our vision:
- Provide peace of mind for our patients by offering excellent quality service.
- Be known as the expert in breast health care for the local/state and regional area and provide breast education for all—patients, physicians, etc.
- Display a team based approach that values the individual.
- Provide compassionate, empathetic and hopeful care in a patient focused atmosphere: be the role model in patient satisfaction.
- Be a successful business and maintain professionalism and integrity in all that we do.
- Rosemarie E. (patient)
- I will always be grateful to the Charleston Breast Center for their professional and supportive care when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. We are incredibly lucky to have an organization like this in the Charleston area.
- Our Lady of Mercy Community Outreach, Inc., Wellness House
- The Charleston Breast Center is patient oriented with concern for early detection and patient education and counseling. Another important aspect of Charleston Breast Center is their ability to perform follow-up studies and biopsies, if necessary, at the same visit alleviating the necessity to return at another time. Your facility serves the health care needs of this community and we are most grateful for your presence.
- St. Paul’s Medical Group
- The staff of Charleston Breast Center are excellent at what they do, well received by patients and consultants, with excellent communication skills centered on education and empowerment of patients. They have a value within the community that is indispensable.
Take I – 526 to Exit 11B. At the light turn RIGHT on Magwood (McDonalds). Take 1st LEFT at Charlie Hall Blvd (EdenBrook is on the corner). The Charleston Breast Center is the second building on the right. Carta Bus #32, 32 North Bridge Charlie Hall Blvd and Magwood
There's ample free parking in front of the facility for your convenience.